Last updated on June 16th, 2020
Instagram is one of the biggest and most known photo and video-sharing social networking services today. But, if you have decided to leave behind your virtual life for the real one, then follow the instructions below to learn how to permanently delete your Instagram account. *
* Note: By deleting your Instagram account, all your profile data (photos, posts, videos, etc.) will be deleted permanently. If you want to just take a break from Instagram, then you can only disable your Instagram account temporarily.
How to Backup and Permanently Delete your Instagram Account.
If you’ve finally decided to delete your Instagram account permanently, follow the steps below.
Step 1. Backup your Instagram Account Data.
Instagram will not preserve any of your profile data, once you delete your account. So, proceed and backup your profile data, before deleting your Instagram account.
How to Backup your Instagram Account Profile Photos, comments, etc.
1. From your favorite web browser on your PC, login to your Instagram account.
2. On the Getting Started page, click on the Profile Icon on the top right corner of the page.
3. Click on Edit Profile beside your username.
4. Click on Privacy and Security at the left column.
5. At ‘Privacy and Security’ page, under the Data Download section, click Request Download.
6. In the next page, Instagram will ask for an email address, in order to send you a link to a file with your Instagram profile information. So, type your email address and then click Next.
7. At the next page, type your Instagram password and click Request Download.
8. Instagram will send you an email link to allow you to download your data. *
* Note: It might take up to 48 hours for the link to arrive in your email. During this time, do not add any other information to your account. (Logout of your Instagram account)
9. When you receive the email with the link to your account data, proceed and download the file to your PC.
Step 2. Delete your Instagram Account
Once you have successfully downloaded the file with your Instagram data , you ‘re ready to permanently delete your Instagram account. To do that:
1. From your favorite browser on your PC, login to your Instagram account.
2. Then, navigate to Delete your Instagram Account page.
3. At ‘Delete your account’ page, click the drop-down arrow and choose a reason for deleting your account.
4. Now, type your Instagram account password, and then click Permanently delete my account at the bottom of the page.
5. A confirmation box will open, which will ask you if you really want to delete your account. Click OK to permanently delete your Instagram account.
6. Instagram will inform you that your account has been removed. Click Log Out to complete the process.
Let me know if this guide has helped you by leaving your comment about your experience. Please like and share this guide to help others.