Microsoft is releasing its new unified Office app for iOS and Android today, which combines Word, Excel, and PowerPoint into a single application. The software maker first started beta-testing this new Office app as a hub for all things Office mobile back in November, and now, anyone can download and install it. Microsoft has focused on surfacing some of the more mobile-friendly parts of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint into quick actions that let you get stuff done on the go.
using it for personal or professional reasons, the Office app is designed to be your go-to app for getting work done on a mobile device.
Word, Excel, and PowerPoint combined in one app:
- The most widely used tools for working with documents, spreadsheets, and presentations, all from a single app.
- Create, edit, and work together on Office documents with others in real-time.
- Use templates to easily get started with your resume, budget, presentations, and other documents.
- Easily store, access, and search for Word, Excel, PowerPoint files stored in your personal cloud storage, on your device, or across your organization (if using a work account).
Uniquely mobile ways that make document creation easier:
- Snap a picture of a document and turn it into an editable Word file with the press of a button.
- Transform a picture of a table into an Excel spreadsheet, you can work with the data.
- Let PowerPoint help you design a presentation by simply selecting the pictures you want to use from your phone.
- Create automatically enhanced digital images of whiteboards and documents with Office Lens features integrated into the app.
Quickly perform common mobile tasks with in-built Actions:
- Instantly create PDFs from photos or Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents.
- Easily transfer files between your phone and computer or share instantly with nearby mobile devices.
- Sign PDFs using your finger.
- Quickly jot down ideas and notes with Sticky Notes.
- Scan QR codes to open links.
Anyone can download the Office app for free and start using it right away. Access and save documents to the cloud by connecting with a Microsoft Account (for OneDrive or SharePoint) or by connecting to a third-party cloud storage provider. Logging in with a personal, work, or school Microsoft Account connected to an Office 365 subscription will unlock premium features within the app.
- OS version: Last 4 major versions of Android running an ARM-based or Intel x86 processor
- 1 GB RAM or above
Please refer to the Microsoft Software License Terms for Microsoft Office. See “License Agreement” link under Information. By installing the app, you agree to these terms and conditions: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=519111
Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint is available on both platforme iOS and android